|Event Start Date:|
April 15, 2020
|Event End Date:|
April 15, 2020
Date(s) - 09/11/2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Ensuring equal opportunity and preventing gender-based discrimination are necessary preconditions for women’s empowerment in our societies. However, to achieve gender equality in professional environments and to empower all women to thrive in their professions, it is crucial that women support each other in developing their careers and business opportunities. Professional women initiatives and networks provide room for women to enhance their own network of professional contacts, as well as to offer expertise, advice and mentoring.
In this session, we will explore the rationale for strengthening professional women initiatives and networks and how we may all benefit from women empowering and advocating for other women in the workplace. With our panelists from a range of organisations, we will discuss:
- What are opportunities and challenges that professional women initiatives face in different industries?
- How can women support each other in the most effective ways?
- How important is it to also get male colleagues involved?
What to expect?
- Presentation “Empowered women empower women” by Virginia Sondergeld (Co-founder – The Women in Economics Initiative)
- Discussion “Breaking up the boys club and resolving the queen bee syndrome” – on opportunities and challenges of professional women networks and initiatives with our panelists
- Orsolya Imre, Facilitator – Mind the Gap e.V.
- Danielle Keiser, Co-founder and CEO – MH Hub
- Lisa Lauton, Senior Consultant and Member of Women at Oliver Wyman
- Carolin Krolik, Chair of the Board – Hypatia e.V.